‘Did’ is a past form of ‘do’.
We can use ‘did’-
- as the main verb
- to form a negative sentence
- to ask a question
- to show the certainty of the description
Use of ‘Did’ as the Main Verb
We can use ‘did’ as the main verb in the past tense sentence. In this lesson, we shall discuss how to use ‘did’ as the main verb in a sentence.
Construction of a sentence using ‘did’
The structure of this sentence is as follows;
- Subject + did +other words.
Let’s see how to use ‘did’ in the sentences with some examples.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- I did it carefully.
- You did it with concentration.
- We did as you told.
- They did planning in the office.
- You did your best in exam.
- She did his favor last Monday.
- He did well on stage.
- They did too much for me during my difficult days.
- He did his computerized work in his room.
- You did according to your convenience.
- I did as she told me to do.
- We did a discussion on this topic with her mother.
- She did research the plants at different sites.
- I did a painting on Sunday.
- We did our laundry on Saturday.
- The cleaner did the cleaning on Monday.
- They did their homework at night.
- Employees did their work well.
- The staff did office work on time.
- They did a good job.
- They did it once again to get the bag.
- You did as you wished in those days.
- We did it according to the situation at that time.
- I did it on my own in the last month.
- They did it properly.
- We did well on stage.
- You did it on your own.
- She did as I did in that program.
- I did my duty well yesterday.
- We did our best.
- use of does certainty of description
- Use of did as the main verb
- in negative sentences
- Use of did in the certainty of description
- in questions