Present tense describes the actions happening in present time, habitual or existing situation. We know that, we should use the form of verb according to tense of the sentence. You will get more about past tense and future tense in the related lessons. Base form of verb is in present tense.
Keep in mind that in this tense, we should use the base form of verb.
Formation of Present Tense
We shall see how to form sentence in this tense.
In this, we should use present form of the verb. So, formation is as;
- Subject + verb in present form (according to type) + remaining words
We should keep in mind that-
- There is change in formation of question.
- In the formation, somewhere we should use base form, present participle or past participle.
Types of Present Tense
Like past and Future, Present tense also has four types.
- Simple Present Tense
- Continuous Present Tense
- Perfect Present Tense
- Perfect Imperfect Present Tense
You will get the formation with examples in these lessons.
Examples of Sentences in Present Tense
We shall take some examples of this form.
Have a look-
- I am very happy today.
- She is not working for that company.
- They are playing for the well-known team.
- I don’t do anything.
- Do you throw my ball out of the window?
- She does it very well.
- He recognizes that they are cheating him.
- Have they informed you about their arrival?
- You sleep when I come at your house.
- We have seen that there are so many people watching a horror movie.
- He can’t make it within time.
- She has a great opportunity but she is missing it.
- How can you manage your time at that period?
- They are family.
- We visit temple daily.
You may also like to know more about-
- past tense
- formation of questions
- negative sentences of each type.