Does is used to show the certainty of the description.
We use ‘does’ with a subject of a third-person singular number.
Construction of a sentence
The structure of this sentence is as follows;
- Subject (he/she/it/ any third person, singular number) + does + base form of main verb + other words.
Examples with ‘does’ to show certainty:
Let’s see how to use ‘does’ in the sentences to show certainty with some examples.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- She does go to her home town every year.
- He does come with his wife.
- Chetan does agree to pay workers their proper remuneration.
- It does play on the ground.
- She does like pizza.
- That girl does dance on stage.
- She does write about natural calamities.
- Kartik does design tattoos.
- Saumya does read a book in a library.
- He does wash plates before use.
- She does accept that she was wrong.
- Goli does join us for some time.
- He does recite the words from lessons.
- She does remember that incident.
- Prachi does speak on this topic with her mother.
- She does use ‘does’ to emphasize the action in a sentence.
- The player does play with dedication.
- She does think cautiously about her visits.
- It does rest under a tree.
- He does quarrel with his elder sister.
- The teacher does teach to solve examples in Mathematics.
- She does respect him.
- He does like my recipes.
- She does perform a one-act play on stage.
- Sameer does ask questions about designing a building.
- Parth does send me a message.
- She does follow her on Facebook.
- He does sing songs at the annual function of the school.
- She does change the book cover frequently.
- Anjali does close windows at night.
- Use of do in the certainty of description
- Use of does as the main verb
- in negative sentences
- use of does in the certainty of description