In perfect past tense, verb describes the completed action in the past time. For this, first get the forms of verbs so that it will be easy to understand. We use had with past participle of verb in past present tense.
Formation of Perfect Past Tense
In this type, we use had for all subjects, that is-
- For first person that is I and we
- If subject is second person, singular as well as plural number that is you.
- For third person singular as well as plural number that is he, she, it, they or any other third person.
- Subject + had + past participle of main verb + remaining words
Keep in mind that this formation is of affirmative sentences.
Examples of Perfect Past Tense
Here, we have some examples.
Let’s have a look-
- I had translated it in English.
- We had translated it in English.
- You had translated it in English.
- He had translated it in English.
- She had translated it in English.
- It had translated it in English.
- They had translated it in English.
- She had arrived there in the morning.
- They had borrowed a bike for one day.
- She had joined another company that week.
- I had given her a photo frame on her birthday.
- She had shot me an email to inform me about the rules of the company.
- I had submitted all documents at the end of that month.
- We had provided all crucial information about the case.
- You had got your tickets yesterday.
- They had bought necessary things from the shop that morning.
- I had admitted her to another school.
- He had bought a white t-shirt for his brother.
- We had taken an advantage of our knowledge.
- You yourself had received it.
You may also like the related links-
- Perfect present
- Future perfect
- Uses of past tense