We can use ‘did’ to ask a question in the past tense.
When we ask a question, we should use ‘did’ at the start of a sentence.
Construction of a question using ‘did’
The structure of this sentence is as follows;
Examples of ‘did’ in a question
Let’s see how to use ‘did’ in the questions with some examples.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- Did I see it carefully?
- Did you watch that webisode in the evening?
- Did we walk through the woods cautiously?
- Did they do it skillfully?
- Did you do your best in the exam?
- Did she do his favor last Monday?
- Did he perform well on stage?
- Did they help me in my difficult situation?
- Did he do his computerized work in his room?
- Did you check it according to your convenience?
- Did I do as she told me to do?
- Did we discuss this topic with her mother?
- Did she research the plants at different sites?
- Did I read anything on Sunday?
- Did we wash our clothes on Saturday?
- Did the cleaner clean our house on Monday?
- Did they complete their homework at night?
- Did the employees do office work at their homes?
- Did the staff do office work on time?
- Did they do a good job?
- Did they meet him to get the bag?
- Did you do as you wished in those days?
- Did we follow him on Facebook?
- Did I write it on my own in the last month?
- Did they work properly?
- Did we organize an event well?
- Did you call me on Monday?
- Did she investigate that case?
- Did I do my duty well yesterday?
- Did we handle that situation well?
- use of does certainty of description
- Use of did as the main verb
- in negative sentences
- Use of did in the certainty of description
- in questions