Declarative sentence is a type of sentence. It makes a statement. Already we have discussed in previous topic of sentence. We can use these sentences of any length. This ends with full stop. This declares our thoughts so we call it as declarative sentence.
Use of Declarative Sentence
We can use declarative sentence in–
- informative articles
We can construct these sentences in simple, compound or complex.
Categories of Declarative Sentence
We know that any sentence can be either positive or negative. Like all other sentences, these are also divided into two categories.
In this chapter, we shall discuss about affirmative and negative sentences.
We shall take some examples of affirmative sentences. In this, we use positive sense.
Have a look-
- She will give you a bag.
- Jama Masjid is an attraction of Delhi.
- He is my son who is singing on the stage.
- My brother has gifted me a headphone.
- India won cricket by sixty runs.
- They planned to visit Ajanta caves in summer vacation.
- Mrunal has started to read an epic.
- The train leaves at nine o’clock in the morning.
- You destroyed my day and I lost my opportunity.
- You are right but I am also right.
- I shall agree with your opinions but you should also think over my opinion.
- Peacock is a beautiful bird.
- My brother started to act in daily soap.
- His father always meet me to get information about his son’s academic progress.
- Madurai is a temple city.
We shall see some examples of negative sentences. In this, we show negative sense. We use word ‘no’ or ‘not’ in the sentence.
Have a look-
- I have no idea about it.
- I cannot think to live without you.
- They haven’t won that match.
- I don’t know what’s going on in his mind.
- You are not right at this moment.
- They shouldn’t avoid the possibilities what they have to face.
- He hasn’t come to visit a temple.
- She doesn’t have her opinion in this regard.
- We are not thinking about circumstances.
- You didn’t understand how I felt about it.
- He doesn’t respect anyone’s decision.
- I shan’t do what you say.
- I don’t think that Harry Potter was actual boy who lived.
- Teachers of that school don’t punish students.
- They are not their relatives.
- He is not in that class.
You may also like the types of sentences-