We can use ‘do’ to show the certainty of the description in a sentence.
Construction of a sentence
The structure of this sentence is as follows;
- Subject (I/we/you/they/any other plural number) + do + base form of main verb + other words.
- Do + base form of verb + other words
Examples with ‘do’ to show certainty:
Let’s see how to use ‘do’ in the sentences to show certainty with some examples.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- We do admit that she is wrong.
- I do observe its growth daily.
- They do come on the occasion of a wedding anniversary.
- Do have a look.
- Do dance on the stage.
- Do stand still for ten minutes.
- Do join us for some time.
- Do stop irritating me.
- Do arrive early.
- Do use ‘do’ to emphasize the action in a sentence.
- Do replace old machine with new.
- Do simplify what you have to tell.
- They do play every Sunday.
- We do arrange the program for social service.
- I do speak with your dad.
- We do like your new jacket.
- Students do clean the playground of school.
- Teachers do guide students to solve the examples of mathematics.
- They do stay near sea.
- We do play piano.
- I do love potato chips.
- We do wash plates before use.
- They do design tattoos.
- I do switch off the light when not necessary.
- They do close windows at night.
- I do love my computer.
- We do know how to tackle this situation.
- Elephants do have long tails.
- Dogs do have smelling sense.
- Parents do take care of their kids.
- Use of does as the main verb
- in negative sentences
- Use of do as the main verb
- Use of do in the certainty of description