We can use 'were' in the negative sentences to tell about a profession in the past.
In this lesson, we shall learn the use of 'were not'.
These sentences are about the profession in the past.
Formation of a sentence-
The formation of this sentence is the same as the negative sentences about the state.
So, the formation of this sentence is as;
- Subject (we/you/they/any plural noun) + were not + remaining words.
To tell about a profession
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- We were not hawkers.
- You were not MLAs.
- You were not a blacksmith.
- My two brothers were not pilots.
- They were not shopkeepers.
- Her sisters were not designers.
- His parents were not collectors.
- Her three neighbors were not watchmen.
- Sahil and his friend were not taxi drivers.
- They were not fiction writers.
- Sameer and his colleagues were not architects.
- They were not skilled potters.
- You were not a bank manager.
- You were not news reporters.
- Tarak and his uncle were not comic poets.
- Lara’s friends were not clerks in school.
- They were not Foreign Ministers.
- Sachin’s two brothers were not cricket players.
- We were not doctors at government hospitals.
- My husband and brother were not professors at Bhavans College.
- My sisters were not chemical engineers.
- They were not ticket checkers in the railway department.
- Her son and she both were not advocates at Supreme Court.
- His two uncles were not professional photographers.
- They were not motormen at Mumbai local train.
- Both sisters were not nurses in medical college.
- You were not officers in the education department.
- Smita and her spouse were not teachers in Aurangabad.
- We were not academic book publishers.
- They were not booksellers in Pune.