These are affirmative answers.
Formation of an affirmative answer
The formation of this sentence is the same as the affirmative answers about the state.
So, the formation of an affirmative answer is as;
- Yes, + subject (we/ you/ they/ any plural noun)+ were + remaining words.
In brief, we can answer as;
- Yes, + subject + were.
Were: Affirmative Answers about the Profession
Here are some sentences. The formation is as above.
Let’s have a look-
- Yes, we were hawkers.
- Yes, you were MLAs.
- Yes, you were a blacksmith.
- Yes, my two brothers were pilots.
- Yes, they were shopkeepers.
- Yes, her sisters were designers.
- Yes, his parents were collectors.
- Yes, her three neighbors were watchmen.
- Yes, Sahil and his friend were taxi drivers.
- Yes, they were fiction writers.
- Yes, Sameer and his colleagues were architects.
- Yes, they were skilled potters.
- Yes, you were a bank manager.
- Yes, you were news reporters.
- Yes, Tarak and his uncle were comic poets.
- Yes, Lara’s friends were clerks in school.
- Yes, they were Foreign Ministers.
- Yes, Sachin’s two brothers were cricket players.
- Yes, we were doctors at government hospitals.
- Yes, my husband and brother were professors at Bhavans College.
- Yes, my sisters were chemical engineers.
- Yes, they were ticket checkers in the railway department.
- Yes, her son and she both were advocates at Supreme Court.
- Yes, his two uncles were professional photographers.
- Yes, they were motormen at Mumbai local train.
- Yes, both sisters were nurses in medical college.
- Yes, you were officers in the education department.
- Yes, Smita and her spouse were teachers in Aurangabad.
- Yes, we were academic book publishers.
- Yes, they were booksellers in Pune.