In this lesson, we shall learn how to form affirmative answers about the completed action using ‘has’.
Construction of an affirmative answer using ‘has’
The structure of an affirmative answer is as follows;
- Yes, + subject (he/ she/ it/any other singular noun)+ has + past participle of the main verb+ other words.
Formation of short answers using ‘has’
When a question is asked, short answers are most commonly used.
We use the first verb in a question asked to form the short answer. It may be an auxiliary verb or a form of ‘be.
So, the formation of a short affirmative answer is as follows-
- Yes, + subject (he/ she/ it/any other singular noun)+ has.
Examples of ‘has’ in an affirmative answer
Let’s see how to use ‘has’ in the affirmative answers about the completed action with some examples.
In brief, we can say-
- Yes, he has.
- Yes, she has.
- Yes, it has.
- Yes, Romi has.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Let’s Have a look-
- Yes, a herd of antelope has seen us hiding by the tree.
- Yes, a litter of cubs has seen a lioness hunting an animal.
- Yes, he has done well in his exams.
- Yes, she has travelled the entire world.
- Yes, John has lost his wallet in the mall.
- Yes, she has heard about that scheme of investment.
- Yes, Ravina has adopted two girls.
- Yes, a tiger has hunted a deer.
- Yes, she has solved so many difficulties during her work period.
- Yes, he has applied for the job of medical officer at the railway hospital.
- Yes, she has seen a ghost at the corner of a building.
- Yes, Krishna has collected so many postage stamps.
- Yes, my mother has made a cake for my birthday party.
- Yes, she has spent her holidays with her family.
- Yes, a worker has washed my car with a new cleaning liquid today.
- Yes, he has watched that film four times.
- Yes, she has cleaned the kitchen before going to bed.
- Yes, her son has spent all the money on foreign trips.
- Yes, Aditya has participated in the international film festival.
- Yes, she has told me about that incident before.
- Yes, a singer has sung this song so beautifully.
- Yes, he has bought a new car for his sister on her birthday.
- Yes, a courier boy has delivered my documents in a plastic pouch.
- Yes, he has washed his hands and face before dinner.
- Yes, a lotus flower has bloomed in the pond.
- Yes, she has completed her interior assignment in four hours.
- Yes, he has received an expensive wristwatch as a gift on his birthday.
- Yes, the banana has turned brown.
- Yes, a student has answered thirty difficult questions correctly.
- Yes, he has expanded his company’s operations this year.
- Use of ‘am’ to explain the state of being
- Use of is to tell about the profession
- Use of pronoun these in questions
- Use of will in negative answers
- Use of have in the questions