In this lesson, we shall learn the use of ‘these’ in negative sentences.
Use of ‘these’ to form a negative sentence
In this sentence, we should use ‘not’ with ‘are’ that is ‘are not’.
The formation of this sentence is as follows;
- These + are/ were + not + other words. (the rest of the words)
- These + subject + are/ were + not + other words.
Examples of ‘these in negative sentences
Let’s see how to use ‘these in the sentences with some examples.
Here are some examples. The formation is as above.
Have a look-
- These are not oranges.
- These pens are not yellow in colour.
- These are not oil paintings.
- These are not the books I need.
- These are not my pens.
- These are not your pencils.
- These are not pink flowers.
- These are not soft toys.
- These boys are not very clever.
- These cycles are not useful for handicaps.
- These guys are not very tall.
- These boys are not scholars.
- These are not my flowers.
- These books are not mine.
- She didn’t buy these clothes at an exhibition.
- These are not CDs of an event.
- These cell phones are not attractive.
- These are not printing machines.
- These are not men's wear.
- These chairs are not made of bamboo.
- These students are not in the sixth standard.
- We cannot use these tiny toys as teaching aids.
- These are not whiteboards.
- These are not miniatures.
- These wall hangings don’t look beautiful.
- These bags are not attractive.
- These bags are not handmade.
- These utensils are not clean.
- These are not girls’ clothes.
- These boys are not handsome.
- Use of a pronoun - these
- Use of pronoun- these questions
- affirmative answers
- negative answers
- Use of pronoun- those