‘Had’ is used with any subject in past. Let’s see how to use ‘had’ in a sentence.
We can use ‘had’ to explain about-
- possession of anything in past
- physical feeling
- the action to do in past
- action completed in past
‘Had’ is used to explain about possession of anything in past.
We shall see how to form a sentence to explain about possession of anything in the past.
Formation of sentence
We can form a sentence as-
Subject + had + remaining words.
In these sentences, ‘had’ is used as main verb.
Here are some examples.
Let’s have a look-
- I had an elder brother.(relationship)
- Neela had two maternal aunts.(relationship)
- I had a coupon of Big Bazar.(physical feeling)
- We had a meeting at 2pm yesterday.
- She had musical instruments last night.
- Those boys had drawing books to draw a design.
- She had golden bangles.
- He had a big assignment of interior design.
- Suvarna had two bags of red colour.
- He had a circular wall clock.
- Gaurav had so much office work yesterday.
- We had a new guitar that day.
- Nikita had a nice time with him.
- A lion had a mane of golden hair.
- Doctors had busy schedule in the medical camp.
- Birds had nests in the tree.
- Animals had enough water in the forest.
- A monkey had an infant under its arm.
- They had violet shirts with yellow patch.
- It had yellow eyes which frightened me.
- You had a blue skirt at the party.
- We had that book in college library.
- Parth had five friends during his college days.
- Teachers had vacation in the month of April.
- Dolly had a green skirt with red frill.
- It had too much pain in its ankle.
- I had a green blouse with white bow.
- We had violet shirts as our uniform.
- That boy had a black t-scale.
- Sankita had eight subjects for her syllabus.